Kodi is one of the best open source software, and this software allows you to play most viewed videos, podcast, music, from the internet. Kodi also runs on Windows, Android, Linux, iOS and many others devices. It also has users interface where you can use with remote control, television, etc. Kodi also can make your Smartphone, computer into a digital streamer, as it gives users a good facility to stream music file from local storage or the internet. If you are ready to make your TV smart, then install the Kodi on Chromecast and full fill you desired. Now, if you have a question how to install Kodi on a Google Chromecast? Then, in this post, I will show you the steps to install the Kodi on Chromecast. So, you just need to read the bellow paragraph where I have highlighted the installation steps.
However, Kodi can also be installed on Google Chromecast, by seeing the name Chromecast are you having doubt that what chrome cast is? Chrome is a digital media player, or you can say a small dongle. Google Chromecast can make your TV smart, by letting you access some of the powerful streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others. So, using Chromecast you can get the great streaming software and make your dumb TV Smart.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast using PC, Windows:
The bellow given points will tell you the steps to install Kodi, so, have a look.
- Firstly, on your computer, you need to install the Kodi client, after that, you have to download Chrome and Google Chromecast extension.
- Just after downloading the Google Chrome cast and chrome, install them.
- After the installation is completed, what you need to do is that you click the Google Chromecast extension where you will see a written as “cast this tap to…” just on the right side of the written, you will also see a small arrow facing downward.
- After that just click on that small arrow, and you will be shown “Cast Windows (experimental),” now, what you will have to do is that you just have click on this option.
- Now, on your screen you will see an option “Entire screen” and new tap of chrome, so, just select the option.
- As soon as you select the “Entire screen” you can open up the Kodi and start playing your favorite videos, but remember that it the videos should play on oyu4r Pc as well as your TV.
Now, there is another way to install the Kodi on a Google Chromecast which is by using an android device. So, using your Smartphone you can also play your favorite videos on your TV. Therefore, here, I have also highlighted the installation steps of Kodi on a Google Chromecast using Android.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast using Android & iOS Devices:
All the given steps will tell you the way to install the Kodi on Google Chromecast. so, here is the method to do it.
- First of all, you need to install some app like ES file explorer, Kodi local Cast or any other file manager app.
- After installing all these types of apps, you have to download .Xml file player factory core
- Just after the downloading is completed, open the ES file explorer and go to the “Setting” option. By tapping the setting option, there will be “Display Setting,”
- Now, what you need to do is that enable the “Show Hidden File.”
- Just after that go to your downloaded folder and copy the downloaded player Factory core.XML file, and paste to Android > Data > org.xbmc.xbmc or org.xbmc.kodi. This depends on what streamer you are using. If you are using Kodi then, it will be “org.xbmc.kodi.”
- If the paste file is completed then, you open the Kodi app and can enjoy playing any videos. Hence, if you have other casting apps, which are installed already on your Android device, then your device will ask you to select the app. In that point of time, you can select “LocaCast.”
- Now, to play your favorite videos on TV, you need to select your chromeCast dongle device and just tap to play. Finally, you can enjoy watching your favorite videos on your TV.
So, these are the steps to install Kodi on ChromeCast by using a computer, or on your Android device. As I have highlighted in the above regarding the installation steps of Kodi on a Google Chromecast in two different methods, therefore, you can choose any of the methods according to your device.